Goods in Operative
Paleo Ridge is an award-winning, innovative business and are looking to fill a vacancy for a forklift truck operator, with a current license. You will work in a close-knit team and become part of shaping a new, rapidly expanding industry.
This role best suits upbeat and self-motivated individuals who enjoy working systematically and productively. The fast-paced and energized environment relies on organization and efficiency and with so much ground to cover in the line of duty, it is important to ensure that you have a moderate level of fitness to enable you to comfortably carry out your tasks.
You will also be responsible for moving stock around the warehouse, freezers and fridges in a safe and timely manner while adhering to Company Health & Safety procedures.
The hours will be from Monday to Friday, working from 7 am-5:30 pm at a rate of £9.50 - £10.20 per hour. Flexibility is needed in hours as we are a growing business.
- To ensure that the Production team are supplied with correct stock to ensure continuous production
- To ensure that lorries are loaded/unloaded as appropriate while maintaining correct storage of stock/pallets across the site
- To ensure that the working area is kept clean and tidy and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to at all times
- Must complete pre-start forklift checks at the start of shift, and ensure the correct paperwork is filled out. Training for this will be given on-site
- Ensure correct stock is collected/loaded by checking against stock rotation
- Carry out timely stock checks of raw materials
- Report to the relevant area at the start of shift – for daily tasks (Production and Despatch)
We are offering:
- The opportunity to work additional hours
- Dynamic team
- Full PPE provided
- Weekly allowance of dog food
- Weekly or monthly pay
- Monthly Wellness clinics with an onsite masseuse (Covid permitting)
- Free tea, coffee, biscuits, fruit, soup and porridge oats
Skills and attributes needed as a forklift driver:
- Reach or counterbalance forklift qualification
- Good organizational skills
- Reliability and dependability
- Literacy and numeracy
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Upbeat and energized
- Flexible and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Team player
We are constantly monitoring the Government Guidelines and also putting in place levels of protection above and beyond the guidelines to ensure our business protects our staff and their families.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.50-£10.20 per hour